During the period of the 2022-2025business plan, we will...
- Publish a regional active travel strategy and set out plans for implementation of its recommended actions. •
- Support early stage development of the business case for the Varsity Way – a dedicated cycle route across the region, forming the backbone of a region wide cycle network.
- Roll out a programme of mobility hub demonstrators, supported by work to inform the development of business cases for mobility hubs.
- Develop an initial programme of work following publication of the government’s Future of Rural Transport Strategy
- Develop an initial programme of work following publication of the government’s Future of Rural Transport Strategy.
- Explore options for improved ticketing and information provision to achieve pan‑regional integration.
- Lead the national and regional commitment for better alignment between spatial planning, physical connectivity and digital connectivity (the ‘tri‑planning process’).
- Continue to press for investment in bus services, supporting the roll out of BSIP ambitions beyond the first phase of funding.
- Strengthen links with the Canal and River Trust to maximise the opportunity for water‑based travel and their associated pathways.