Welcome to England's Economic Heartland's Transport Strategy page. Here you can keep up-to-date with key documents and progress as we look to launch the draft strategy for consultation in summer 2020.
• The imperative to respond to the climate emergency
• Harness technology and innovation
• Work closely with planning authorities
• Put environment at forefront of strategy
• The need to be bold - not business as usual
• Reduce the need to travel
• Increase emphasis on sustainable modes
• Support health outcomes
• Place greater emphasis on wider strategic linkages
• Use nudges and demand management
• Remember smaller schemes and maintenance
• Show how EEH will deliver
Period of engagement ends
The period of engagement on the Outline Transport Strategy comes to an end. We attended more than 35 engagement events and received 108 written responses.
Launch of Outline Transport Strategy
TheOutline Transport Strategy Framework for Engagement.pdf is launched at our annual conference, providing a framework for a conversation with people and businesses about the future of the region's transport system.
Launch of Freight Study
The Freight Study is also published, identifying a number of priorities for the region, including improving strategic road access, maximising the use of rail freight, and encouraging investment in greener technology.