England's Economic Heartland is developing its Transport Strategy (2020 – 2050), to be published in July 2020.
As part of this process we are welcoming comments on the scoping report for the Integrated Sustainability Appraisal (ISA) for the Transport Strategy. EEH has commissioned WSP to undertake the ISA alongside the development of the Transport Strategy to ensure that sustainability aspects are incorporated into the Strategy.
The ISA combines several assessment processes, including:
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA);
- Health Impact Assessment (HIA);
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA);
- Equality Impact Assessment (EqIA); and
- Community Safety Audits (CSA).
The ISA Scoping Report represents the first stage of the ISA process. This report sets the context and scope of the ISA through:
- Identifying likely options for delivery of the Transport Strategy (Section 2);
- Presenting the methodology and framework for undertaking the ISA (Section 3);
- Reviewing relevant policies, baseline information and future trends (Section 4);
- Identifying key issues and opportunities for the Transport Strategy, reflecting for example the increased pressure of development on the natural environment or the beneficial health effects of active travel (Section 5);
- Identifying Sustainability Objectives to feed into an overall framework for appraisal of options (Section 6); and
- Setting out next steps (Section 7).
EEH is now seeking the views of stakeholders on the scope of the ISA. Consultation at this stage helps to ensure that the ISA provides a robust assessment of the Transport Strategy. In particular, EEH would like your feedback on the following questions:
- Do you agree with the policy context and baseline information presented?
- Are there any additional sustainability issues which should be identified?
- Do you agree with sustainability objectives?
- Is there any other data or information you would like to see?
- Do you have any other comments on the approach to assessment?
Please send your response to email@example.com, no later than April 8, 2020.